Postdoctoral Scholarships - 10/2023
Tel Aviv University offers 16 matching Postdoctoral scholarships for one year from October 2023 for new Postdocs who are at the beginning of their academic career. 100% scholarship amounts to approximately 68,000 NIS (50% funded by the University and the remaining sum matched by the fellow's supervisor). The scholarship will be granted for one year.
The offered scholarships are as follows:
- 50% for Israeli fellow.
- 100% for international fellow.
EACH SUPERVISOR MAY SUBMIT ONE CANDIDATE ONLY.
Eligible to apply:
- New fellows only or Postdoctoral fellows that will begin their fellowship at Tel Aviv University after April 1, 2023.
- A candidate must have received their doctoral degree within five years prior to the start of the fellowship (October 2023).
- Candidates who have yet to submit their dissertation by the date of the deadline, shall submit all the documents by March 12, 2023. Winners of the fellowship must produce a certificate of eligibility for PhD degree or a written proof of submission of the PhD thesis for review, no later than September 1st, 2023. Candidates who will fail to submit such a document by September 1st, will not be able to begin their fellowship and their scholarship will be immediately transferred to a candidate on the reserve list.
Not eligible to apply:
- Tel Aviv University PhD graduates.
- Tel Aviv University employees.
Supporting Documents (must be submitted to Research Students Office):
- PhD diploma or certificate of eligibility noting the date the degree was awarded, or a written proof of submission of the PhD thesis for review.
- A letter from a senior faculty member at TAU willing to serve as the fellow's supervisor and commit to finance the matching scholarship.
- A letter from the head of the department (at Tel Aviv University), confirming the fellowship.
- Letters of recommendation, as follows:
- A letter from PhD supervisor(s) (all supervisors must submit a letter of recommendation).
- A letter from researcher outside of the university in which the candidate completed their doctoral studies.
- An additional letter of recommendation, from a researcher affiliated to a recognized academic institution, per candidate's choice.
- A short research proposal (1-2 pages).
- Current CV, including a list of publications.
- An application form.
The applications will be reviewed by TAU's Postdoctoral Committee.
The application form and all the supporting documents must be submitted by email no later than March 12, 2023 to Research Students Office. The winners will be announced in April 2023.
Additional details are available on our website or at Research Students Office:
Ms. Raya Lipcer, Postdoctoral Fellows Coordinator